Anne-Marie Fyfe writes:
Just seven days to go, & five good reasons for entering the annual Troubadour International Poetry Prize this year:
- £3,500 in total for top three prizes (see full details below), plus subscription prizes from high-profile poetry magazine sponsors, plus Troubadour restaurant prizes
- quickest turnaround – just 5 weeks from deadline (Oct 16th) to contacting winners (Nov 20th, a week before prizegiving), tying up your poems for the shortest possible time
- fairest judging – our judges read all poems submitted, no sifters, no shortlisters
- read at the Troubadour – the chance to read alongside Imtiaz Dharker, Michael Symmons Roberts & 2017 prize-winners at our Poetry Prize Celebration (Nov 27th), a gala event with music from classical duo, Aisling & Julie-Anne Manning
- winning poems are forwarded to prestigious Forward Prize for Best Single Poem 2018 (see Forward Prizes)
Enter by e-mail or post, full details below & on website, by Mon 16th.